Domestic violence isn’t always domestic. It shows up in your workplace as
Some states allow employees time off following incidents of domestic violence even if their injuries aren’t serious enough to trigger . Plus, more than 20 states allow people to collect unemployment compensation if they have to quit due to domestic violence. Several states allow domestic violence victims to use state-provided “dummy” addresses.
Find training/policy tips at: www.stopfamilyviolence.org, www.ncdsv.org and www.ncadv.org.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can individual employees be liable for FMLA violations? 4th Circuit may decide
- Warn bosses: No griping about pregnancy-related absences
- Telecommuters eligible for FMLA? Geography may be irrelevant.
- 10 warning signs of low morale ... and 8 ways to boost it