Domestic violence isn’t always domestic. It shows up in your workplace as
Some states allow employees time off following incidents of domestic violence even if their injuries aren’t serious enough to trigger . Plus, more than 20 states allow people to collect unemployment compensation if they have to quit due to domestic violence. Several states allow domestic violence victims to use state-provided “dummy” addresses.
Find training/policy tips at: www.stopfamilyviolence.org, www.ncdsv.org and www.ncadv.org.
- The case of the disappearing employee, whose leaves leave us struggling
- Alcoholism isn't always an ADA disability
- Consider uniform, ADEA-compliant severance and rights-waiver releases--even if age isn't factor
- 'Gender expression' now protected in N.J.; check dress code
- Temp Employee May Trigger FMLA Rights