Domestic violence isn’t always domestic. It shows up in your workplace as
Some states allow employees time off following incidents of domestic violence even if their injuries aren’t serious enough to trigger . Plus, more than 20 states allow people to collect unemployment compensation if they have to quit due to domestic violence. Several states allow domestic violence victims to use state-provided “dummy” addresses.
Find training/policy tips at: www.stopfamilyviolence.org, www.ncdsv.org and www.ncadv.org.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be wary of hitting employee with sudden criticism after FMLA request
- Job Stress Can Count as FMLA-Eligible 'Serious' Condition
- Watch out for rogue managers who bring hidden biases to hiring, promotions
- When disaster strikes, are employees eligible for FMLA?