Domestic violence isn’t always domestic. It shows up in your workplace as
Some states allow employees time off following incidents of domestic violence even if their injuries aren’t serious enough to trigger . Plus, more than 20 states allow people to collect unemployment compensation if they have to quit due to domestic violence. Several states allow domestic violence victims to use state-provided “dummy” addresses.
Find training/policy tips at: www.stopfamilyviolence.org, www.ncdsv.org and www.ncadv.org.
- New FMLA Regulations Issued By The DOL: Key Guidelines To Help You Get In Compliance
- Tell supervisors: You can't just make up your own performance appraisal standards
- Can VESSA and FMLA leave run consecutively?
- Return employees to their jobs promptly after FMLA leave
- It IS your business: Protect domestic-violence victims at work