1. Find your superpower. It’s the one thing that you’re truly amazing at.
2. Know your weakness so you can hire people who complement your skills.
3. Do something you’re really proud of that you can point to as your greatest accomplishment.
4. Do something that scares you but exhilarates you.
5. Get comfortable with saying no. Stick to your main goal.
6. Have a broad network.
7. Learn to negotiate. It helps with everything. And often, it’s the only way to get what you need.
8. Stop apologizing. It instills doubt in your abilities and makes you look weak.
9. Get over impostor syndrome. Feeling unworthy hurts your career.
— Adapted from “35 things you should do for your career by the time you turn 35,” Mashable.