The U.S. Labor Department has ordered Marc Meixner of GPTA Benefits Group Inc. to restore more than $500,000 to the Georgia Plumbers Trade Association Health Plan.
GPTA was the marketer and administrator of the plan, which served 28 employer groups with 500 participants in Georgia. The plan was terminated in 2004, leaving participants with more than half a million dollars in unpaid claims.
The department sued Meixner and several associates, along with affiliate Employers OneSource Inc., for failing to properly underwrite, fund and administer the plan.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't just ban smoking on-Site; help employees quit
- If we fire dishonest employee, can he collect unemployment comp and vacation pay?
- DOL clarifies age for continuing coverage for employees' adult children
- Staff who quit over benefit changes can earn unemployment