The U.S. Labor Department has ordered Marc Meixner of GPTA Benefits Group Inc. to restore more than $500,000 to the Georgia Plumbers Trade Association Health Plan.
GPTA was the marketer and administrator of the plan, which served 28 employer groups with 500 participants in Georgia. The plan was terminated in 2004, leaving participants with more than half a million dollars in unpaid claims.
The department sued Meixner and several associates, along with affiliate Employers OneSource Inc., for failing to properly underwrite, fund and administer the plan.
- Don't fudge or exaggerate details of insurance coverage
- How can HR help? 60% of workers live paycheck to paycheck
- Employee injured at a work-Related conference can qualify for workers' comp benefits
- Lower health care costs with strategy to change behavior
- What kinds of employers does the Illinois Employee Classification Act cover?