The U.S. Labor Department has ordered Marc Meixner of GPTA Benefits Group Inc. to restore more than $500,000 to the Georgia Plumbers Trade Association Health Plan.
GPTA was the marketer and administrator of the plan, which served 28 employer groups with 500 participants in Georgia. The plan was terminated in 2004, leaving participants with more than half a million dollars in unpaid claims.
The department sued Meixner and several associates, along with affiliate Employers OneSource Inc., for failing to properly underwrite, fund and administer the plan.
- Tweak flexible spending account allocations for next year
- Court: Local governments can create benefit-spending requirements
- HR certification: Worth it? If so, which one to pursue?
- You can lead workers to PCs, but can you make them click?
- When unemployment comp is on the line, job dissatisfaction doesn't justify quitting