A San Francisco County jury has awarded $353,680 in damages to a data entry clerk who suffered from a chronic condition that often left her with cracked and bleeding skin.
The clerk alleged her employer terminated her because of her skin condition. The employer claimed she was fired because of chronic . The jury awarded her $200,000 in compensatory damages and $153,680 in back pay.
- You can land in trouble for trying to stop harassment
- HR Specialist releases agenda for Nov. 4-6 conference in D.C.
- Employee fails to pay premium while on FMLA leave: When can you drop coverage?
- False move can revive expired claim—As retaliation
- What happens next? An alleged harassment victim doesn't want to come forward