A San Francisco County jury has awarded $353,680 in damages to a data entry clerk who suffered from a chronic condition that often left her with cracked and bleeding skin.
The clerk alleged her employer terminated her because of her skin condition. The employer claimed she was fired because of chronic . The jury awarded her $200,000 in compensatory damages and $153,680 in back pay.
- Good news: Courts reluctant to appoint free attorneys
- Handle supervisor harassment with a good policy, timely investigation and independent review
- Create an IM policy to improve productivity, data security
- Never silence a harassment case by urging complainer to resign
- How to conduct a 30-minute employee handbook audit