A San Francisco County jury has awarded $353,680 in damages to a data entry clerk who suffered from a chronic condition that often left her with cracked and bleeding skin.
The clerk alleged her employer terminated her because of her skin condition. The employer claimed she was fired because of chronic . The jury awarded her $200,000 in compensatory damages and $153,680 in back pay.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4400/clerk-wins-more-than-350000-in-disability-discrimination-suit "
- Treating everyone equally makes good business sense
- Independent contractors, others can be plan beneficiaries
- Beware: Employees don't have to meet EEOC deadline in race discrimination cases
- Workplace in turmoil? Here's how to know where to start cleaning house
- Cutting jobs? You may be able to consider FMLA leave