A San Francisco County jury has awarded $353,680 in damages to a data entry clerk who suffered from a chronic condition that often left her with cracked and bleeding skin.
The clerk alleged her employer terminated her because of her skin condition. The employer claimed she was fired because of chronic . The jury awarded her $200,000 in compensatory damages and $153,680 in back pay.
- Workers can't demand telecommute option
- Don't let office romance poison workplace; third parties can sue
- Intermittent-Leave Abuse? Double-Check Facts Before You Act
- Employees, employers embrace S.F. paid leave ordinance
- Suspect relative's illness is used to game FMLA? If true, you're free to discipline or terminate