A San Francisco County jury has awarded $353,680 in damages to a data entry clerk who suffered from a chronic condition that often left her with cracked and bleeding skin.
The clerk alleged her employer terminated her because of her skin condition. The employer claimed she was fired because of chronic . The jury awarded her $200,000 in compensatory damages and $153,680 in back pay.
- Pittsburgh company to pay $100,000 for race discrimination
- Keep good records of employee leaves; workers have three years to file FMLA suits
- Employee returning from FMLA leave? Insist on ability to perform essential functions
- Don't expect losing employee to pay your legal fees
- Insist all harassment allegations go to HR for review