A San Francisco County jury has awarded $353,680 in damages to a data entry clerk who suffered from a chronic condition that often left her with cracked and bleeding skin.
The clerk alleged her employer terminated her because of her skin condition. The employer claimed she was fired because of chronic . The jury awarded her $200,000 in compensatory damages and $153,680 in back pay.
- Drinking at work: Don't raise a glass to new trend
- ADA Amendments Act means changes for employees, employers
- Understand, prepare to follow the new revised FMLA regulations
- Unionized? You may be able to use progressive discipline to address some forms of harassment
- Evacuation plan? New guide helps you avoid ADA complaints