A San Francisco County jury has awarded $353,680 in damages to a data entry clerk who suffered from a chronic condition that often left her with cracked and bleeding skin.
The clerk alleged her employer terminated her because of her skin condition. The employer claimed she was fired because of chronic . The jury awarded her $200,000 in compensatory damages and $153,680 in back pay.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Stop post-firing harassment suits by tracking and investigating every complaint
- Handling an overly affectionate boss until you find another job
- Can employees on FMLA leave attend the holiday party?
- What's Working: 8 unique employee benefits programs