Do you plan to add staff later this year? The Department of Labor offers 10 great reasons to hire former members of the United States armed forces:
1. Accelerated learning curve. Because veterans have received specialized training in the military, they often have skills that easily transfer to corporate or technical civilian jobs.
2.. The military teaches people how to lead, motivate and inspire others, and to respect authority.
3.. Military work requires participants to take responsibility for their colleagues.
4. Diversity and inclusion. Veterans have worked alongside people of every age, race, religion and background.
5. Performance under pressure. In the military, deadlines are strict, and soldiers are expected to complete tasks on time and correctly.
6. Respect for procedures. The military teaches the value of accountability and the importance of policies and procedures in an organization.
7. Global, technical outlook. Veterans usually have a global perspective and an insight into technical trends.
8. Integrity. Honesty and integrity are valued in the military, and many vets have security clearances based on those qualities.
9. Health and safety standards. Veterans get extensive training in health and safety protocols that protect themselves and those around them.
10. The will to triumph over adversity. Active-duty military people often are called on to display endurance, stamina and flexibility.
Interested in adding veterans to your workforce? Find employer resources at www.dol.gov/vets/.