Even if your workplace has a relaxed environment,is still important, Jason Kulpa, CEO of Underground Elephant, writes for Mashable. Here are the office rules he thinks are the most important.
1. Understand your company. Before you interview for a job, research the company well to come prepared with relevant questions.
2. Be real. Express authenticity to everyone you meet. People appreciate humor and individuality in the workplace.
3. Remember social courtesies. Dress to impress, polish your résumé, make eye contact when you shake hands and have complete social media profiles.
4. Be adaptable. Contribute wherever you’re needed in your organization. Be willing to pick up new skills.
5. Do great work. A relaxed workplace still has deadlines and productivity standards.
— Adapted from “5 Unwritten Rules For Workplace Etiquette in a Lax Company Culture,” Jason Kulpa, Mashable.