Productive people start their workdays with actions that will keep them productive throughout the day, writes Yong Kang Chan for Lifehack. Here are a few favorites.
• Get to the office early. By getting to work at least 15 minutes early, you don’t have to worry about rushing or being late. This allows you to walk in calmly and relax before starting work.
• Set up your workspace properly. Keep your office or desk organized so you can find things when you need them.
• Review your deadlines. Review what you have coming up so you can strategize and prioritize your work. Create a to-do list and put important deadlines first.
• Pick the three most important tasks. Make sure you get those done.
• Only check email the first 15 minutes if you have to. It will distract you. Only check it if you are expecting something important, or scan it quickly and make a schedule to reply throughout the day to the emails that require it.
— Adapted from “14 Things Productive People Do In The First 15 Minutes Of The Workday,” Yong Kang Chan, Lifehack.