The U.S. Department of Labor has finally gotten around to revising its officialon more than a month-by-month basis. The core suite of forms—doctors’ certifications of serious health conditions, notices of rights and responsibilities and designation notices—now carry an expiration date of May 31, 2018.
Download them from the DOL's website. The DOL had been revising the forms monthly since previous editions expired in February.
In addition to a new expiration date, the new forms also include specific references to the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, which limits collection of data on hereditary health conditions that could be used to discriminate against employees.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- PDA: No special treatment for pregnant workers
- High court: Weingarten rights stand; state family leave case on docket
- Discipline for attendance during FMLA leave?
- Spell out FMLA intermittent leave timing in handbook—or risk a million-dollar mistake