For the first time since it became law in 1993, the
The bill requires covered employers to offer to employees caring for family members wounded during the course of military duty (26 weeks max) and family members of reservists called to active duty in certain circumstances (12 months max).
- Keep all medical records confidential! Otherwise, normal lawsuit rules don't apply
- Can we deduct personal leave for exempt worker's partial-day absence?
- Do you work for a state agency? Know FMLA's limitations on leave for self-care
- Feel free to deny employees' FMLA leave requests that aren't legitimate under the law
- Your 2010 HR action plan: 10 trends, 10 resolutions