When it comes to selling and marketing your products, few resources are as important as your website. Don’t miss an opportunity to capture customers’ attention with well-written landing pages. Follow this advice:
• Don’t forget a title. A bold header will be the first item to capture customers’ attention, so include one on every page. Use a stat, a bold—but honest—claim or slogan of sorts to quickly establish customers’ expectations for what they will find on the page.
• Include benefits. Tell customers how your organization or products will make their lives better. You can list features, too, as long as you explain why those features should matter to the customer.
• Keep it short. Limit your paragraphs to two or three sentences and provide lists of bullet points or numbered items to make it easy for customers to scan the copy.
• Provide testimonials. Seventy percent of consumers check out product reviews before deciding to make a purchase, and those reviews are 12 times more trusted than a company’s product descriptions, according to Fast Company’s Ed Hallen. Curate quotes from various online reviews, and ask your customers to share their feedback, then work them into your landing pages.
— Adapted from “6 Tips for Writing Great Landing Page Content,” Anna Johansson, www.business2community.com.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches