The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, which covers Michigan, recently handed employers some ammunition to fight FMLA claims. In its decision in Novak v. MetroHealth Medical Center, the court reaffirmed that an employer is not obligated to get a second opinion when it rejects an employee’s certification paperwork ...
- Does the FMLA cover leave for 'stress'?
- Do we have to pay health insurance opt-out bonus during FMLA leave?
- Recognize The Legal Dangers Of Considering Military Service In Employment Decisions
- Base reinstatement on job held at time leave began
- No-fault attendance alert: Think twice before firing FMLA-eligible employee