Only a quarter of employees polled said their managers have brought up national, state or local politics at work. However, 14% said they felt the motive was to coerce them into agreeing with the boss.
Political contact with manager 25%
It wasn't coercive 11%
It was somewhat coercive 7%
It was strongly coercive 7%
Source: Harvard University SSRS Survey, May 2015
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- To do this week: Confirm new tax withhholding, begin using new I-9s
- What's up, doc? How to collect medical info under new FMLA rules
- When bosses hook up with subordinates, sparks may fly … in court
- What can we tell co-workers about a new employee's sex change and transgender status?