Lots of employees enjoy an after-work cocktail, but some jobs either attract people who are prone to more serious consumption or make them more likely abuse alcohol and drugs.
New statistics from the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration show that heavy drinking (having five or more drinks on the same occasion, five or more times per month) is most common in the mining, construction, hotel and restaurant, arts and entertainment and utilities industries.
Illicit drug use is most common among those who work in the hotel and restaurant, arts and entertainment,, information and construction industries.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Protecting against electronic sabotage by ex-employees
- Next year, what steps can we take to protect workers against the flu?
- Don't let supervisor punish employees who cooperate in investigation
- DIY health care reform: Create inexpensive, effective wellness programs