Activist Dave Wilson presented petitions containing 19,700 signatures seeking a November referendum demanding repeal of the ordinance.
Apparently, Wilson confused the rules for changing the city charter with those to repeal an ordinance. State law requires 20,000 signatures to place a referendum question on the ballot to repeal an ordinance.
Houston Mayor Annise Parker noted that any such petition must be filed within 30 days of the ordinance’s passage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Okeechobee employee's button could spur religious bias suit
- Supreme Court: Check boss bias before disciplining
- What should we do? We've heard rumors that some employees are downloading porn at work
- 'Get real' with performance reviews; make sure managers don't fluff them up