Activist Dave Wilson presented petitions containing 19,700 signatures seeking a November referendum demanding repeal of the ordinance.
Apparently, Wilson confused the rules for changing the city charter with those to repeal an ordinance. State law requires 20,000 signatures to place a referendum question on the ballot to repeal an ordinance.
Houston Mayor Annise Parker noted that any such petition must be filed within 30 days of the ordinance’s passage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Suspect an employee is being harassed? Ask if she wants an investigation
- Ensure lack of clarity doesn't cause liability
- Ordinary argument about job duties doesn't add up to hostile environment
- Ignore harassment at your peril: It could embolden harasser and end in disaster