When you meet a co-worker, employee, customer or other business associate for the first time, ask these questions to break the ice and build instant connections:
1. If you weren’t in your current position, what would you be doing?
2. What is the biggest mistake you ever made at work? What did you learn from it?
3. Using one word, how would you describe yourself?
4. What do you do to recharge and have fun?
5. What is one quality you possess that you want to pass on to your employees?
6. What is one quality you wish you possessed but you don’t?
7. Who is the person that you feel is most responsible for making you who you are today?