HR departments with small budgets can turn to a growing variety of free and low-cost mobile and Web-based applications to increase efficiency and cut costs. Here’s a sampling of what’s available:
Waypointhr.com’s free app tracks employee records such as, attendance data and exit interviews. Paid add-ons provide more functions.
OrangeHRM.com’s free app manages personnel information, recruitment, benefits, attendance and more. The site’s app store sells add-on modules in several areas, including résumé archiving, training and HR policies. Add-on costs range from $100 to $1,500.
Applicantstack.com’s e-recruitment software starts at $65 per month, depending on the number of users and the applicant capacity required.
TheResumator.com costs $49 to over $199 per month, depending on the number of job openings an organization fills at one time.
Jobvite.com offers a for-fee app that enables HR to recruit candidates through social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Online resources: To identify top HR apps, go to www.softwareadvice.com (scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Human Resources) or www.appappeal.com (click on Employment in the left column, then HR ).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Green M&Ms and other little motivational tools
- Software firm's redesign boxes out open-space office trend
- Start 2016 with a new system for your employee records
- Work with providers to sort DOMA impact