A Texas appeals court had dismissed a lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on behalf of nine chimpanzees and monkeys.
The court said the primates don’t have an independent right to sue for poor conditions at the Texas animal sanctuary they were transferred to after “retiring” from service at Ohio State University. No word on whether PETA plans to appeal or perhaps file an overtime claim for unpaid wages with the Labor Department.
- Problem Solved: Real People … Real Comp & Benefits Solutions, Sept. '09
- SoCal grocery workers vote to authorize strike
- Can I hire a home-Schooled teenager who doesn't have a work permit?
- It's official: State employees must pay union dues—indefinitely
- Ignoring discrimination policy may lead to punitive damages