A Texas appeals court had dismissed a lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on behalf of nine chimpanzees and monkeys.
The court said the primates don’t have an independent right to sue for poor conditions at the Texas animal sanctuary they were transferred to after “retiring” from service at Ohio State University. No word on whether PETA plans to appeal or perhaps file an overtime claim for unpaid wages with the Labor Department.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Hire workers through temp agencies? Be alert for religious accommodation issues
- Calif. Supreme Court upholds strict limits on noncompetes
- What's the difference between an independent contractor and an employee?
- Lawmakers urged to reject new labor contracts