A Texas appeals court had dismissed a lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on behalf of nine chimpanzees and monkeys.
The court said the primates don’t have an independent right to sue for poor conditions at the Texas animal sanctuary they were transferred to after “retiring” from service at Ohio State University. No word on whether PETA plans to appeal or perhaps file an overtime claim for unpaid wages with the Labor Department.
- FMLA leave-Takers aren't untouchable, but courts will look closely at timing
- Origin not the sole factor in national-Origin discrimination
- Don't guess about a worker's condition; test and inquire
- Don't withhold promised severance when a former employee files suit
- IRS clarifies COBRA subsidy's 'involuntary termination' language—sort of