A Texas appeals court had dismissed a lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on behalf of nine chimpanzees and monkeys.
The court said the primates don’t have an independent right to sue for poor conditions at the Texas animal sanctuary they were transferred to after “retiring” from service at Ohio State University. No word on whether PETA plans to appeal or perhaps file an overtime claim for unpaid wages with the Labor Department.
- Health insurer pays $1.8 million to settle sex harassment suit
- What are the details on the new, proposed NLRB union election rules?
- Your I-9 forms: The 5 most common mistakes ... and how to avoid them
- Title VII's silence on gay bias doesn't give OK to discriminate
- EEOC: Railroad had two disciplinary tracks--one for whites, one for blacks