A Texas appeals court had dismissed a lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on behalf of nine chimpanzees and monkeys.
The court said the primates don’t have an independent right to sue for poor conditions at the Texas animal sanctuary they were transferred to after “retiring” from service at Ohio State University. No word on whether PETA plans to appeal or perhaps file an overtime claim for unpaid wages with the Labor Department.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't punish manager for telling employee he may be discrimination victim
- OSHA site helps prevent work-related hearing loss
- Divided court may mean trouble for employers
- Come down hard on supervisors: No telling employees to drop discrimination complaints