A Texas appeals court had dismissed a lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on behalf of nine chimpanzees and monkeys.
The court said the primates don’t have an independent right to sue for poor conditions at the Texas animal sanctuary they were transferred to after “retiring” from service at Ohio State University. No word on whether PETA plans to appeal or perhaps file an overtime claim for unpaid wages with the Labor Department.
- Employers preparing for swine flu's second wave
- Probe all complaints; even positive review can trigger retaliation claim
- Is it really a policy if it's not in your handbook?
- Be alert to employment law issues related to older employees
- Can the union demand we pay for employees' personal protective equipment?