A White House executive order that went into effect April 8 prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating against employees on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Executive Order 11246, signed by President Obama last July, protects an estimated 11 million lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees from workplace bias and harassment. It applies to all federal contractors and subcontractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Here's a Novel Idea: Read Your Own Company Handbook
- New employee not working out? Have hiring manager handle the firing
- Nursing home to pay $900,000 in language-Based discrimination case
- Newark car-prep giant faces discrimination, ADA charges