A White House executive order that went into effect April 8 prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating against employees on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Executive Order 11246, signed by President Obama last July, protects an estimated 11 million lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees from workplace bias and harassment. It applies to all federal contractors and subcontractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- EEOC sues over firing of HIV-positive worker
- When deciding on employee discipline, you don't have to be absolutely right--just fair
- You can accommodate and still question employee's disability
- Employee sues for bias? Check lawsuit claims against original EEOC complaint