Employees can save between 5% and 20% on their home and car insurance if they buy it through your organization’s voluntary benefits program.
That can be a welcome relief to an employee whose health insurance premiums are steadily increasing, and a way for employers to give workers a break on another necessary expense.
About 13% of employers overall—and 22% of large employers—offer auto insurance as a voluntary benefit, the Society for Human Resourceestimates. Seven percent (15% of large organizations) offer home insurance.
Offsetting HR’s bad news
Those numbers are rapidly rising, says Robert Maloney, vice president of affinity sales for Boston-based Liberty Mutual. Maloney notes that 1.1 million employees have become eligible for its employer-sponsored policies in each of the past three years.
He attributes the popularity of the relatively new (register to read more)to a push by insurance companies to work with ...
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Focus on safety--Not reducing claims--When discussing workers' comp
- Subway assistant manager too fresh for EEOC
- DOL's Trojan horse: 'We're from the government and we can help'
- Hilton women sue over orgy