As medical care gets more expensive—and employees stay as unhealthy as ever—your organization probably is trying to cut costs wherever it can. One of the best ways: implement programs that prevent disease.
Preventive services such as immunizations, preventive medications, screenings and counseling are effective at keeping employees healthier, says the National Business Group on Health. The group offers nine recommendations for making prevention part of your organization’s business strategy:
1. Make prevention a priority for your organization, and come up with a strategy. Where to start:
- Define the organization’s expectations for all its disease prevention, health promotion and wellness initiatives.
- Outline priorities for disease-, health behavior- and population-specific prevention.
- Set goals for the number of employees you hope will use preventive services.
2. Base decisions on data. Examples:
...(register to read more)