An employee terminated from the Fox TV affiliate in Texas drove to New York City in January and shot himself outside News Corporation’s Midtown Manhattan headquarters. He died at a hospital shortly afterwards.
Before shooting himself, Philip Perea, formerly a producer at KTBC FOX 7 in Austin, handed out leaflets describing how he believed Fox News had ruined his career.
Perea was a producer at KTBC FOX 7 in Austin until he was terminated last May after being “accused of being disruptive, threatening, and insubordinate,” according to reporting by the Austin Chronicle.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Avoiding the 4 deadly sins of performance reviews
- Conduct truly independent investigations to ferret out retaliation by rogue supervisors
- Go overboard to clarify details in age-discrimination waivers
- EEOC: Bakery boss handled more than one kind of bun