With almost every employee already using a mobile device, why not use that mobile device to increase productivity through a mobile training program?
A mobile device allows employees to quickly get the information they need when they need it.
Here are six tips to boost employee productivity with a mobile training program:
1. Implement a BYOD policy. This is “bring your own device.” It encourages learners to break out of the classroom and always have the information they need close at hand.
2. Know your audience. Find out what information they need and how they want it.
3. Keep it short. A mobile device is smaller and has less space for words. Replace text with audio where possible. Consider ways to chunk your information into specific areas that a learner can access quickly.
4. Decide on your educational strategy. Determine which format will serve your learner best, perhaps short videos, frequently asked questions or other short articles. Consider using scenarios or case studies for safety or compliance training.
5. Make it visual. Remember not all devices support Flash, so carefully consider how you deliver your visual content. Using images and graphics will add interest to the content.
6. Design it for mobile. Mobile devices are not just mini versions of a desktop. They are their own platform, and training programs should be specific for the platform it is being used on.