Q. I recently read an article about employees who were attacked at work by other employees who never should have been hired in the first place. How can an employer reduce its risk of liability for negligent hiring?
A. Check references thoroughly, although prior employers often will provide only neutral information. Also, you may want to consider conducting. If you decide to use an outside entity to perform these checks, you must comply with the requirements of the .
- Unprofessional employees? Re-evaluate your hiring process
- Should we retain copies of I-9 documents?
- What should we do? Applicant refused to authorize background check
- Just how many plaintiffs can one suit have?
- I-9 issues: To copy or not to copy employee ID documents? (and 4 other I-9 problems that cause employer headaches)