Q. I recently read an article about employees who were attacked at work by other employees who never should have been hired in the first place. How can an employer reduce its risk of liability for negligent hiring?
A. Check references thoroughly, although prior employers often will provide only neutral information. Also, you may want to consider conducting. If you decide to use an outside entity to perform these checks, you must comply with the requirements of the .
- Lawsuit-proof your firing decisions: Have those who hire or promote also do the firing
- EEOC says Texas Roadhouse won't hire well-aged workers
- You don't have to wear blinders to an applicant's known disability
- Lawsuit-proof firing: Those who hire should also fire
- Take the right steps to earn summer-employee tax credit