Q. I recently read an article about employees who were attacked at work by other employees who never should have been hired in the first place. How can an employer reduce its risk of liability for negligent hiring?
A. Check references thoroughly, although prior employers often will provide only neutral information. Also, you may want to consider conducting. If you decide to use an outside entity to perform these checks, you must comply with the requirements of the .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Shift recruiting, retention priorities to beat 'talent paradox'
- Clear and fair hiring process yields the best candidates--and impresses judges
- Grass getting greener: 7 tips for post-recession recruiting
- Hiring? Sharpen interview skills, maximize job-fair efforts