An onboarding process that’s efficient, effective and relevant to your newly hired team members is key to realizing a return on your recruiting and staffing investment.
Here’s a look at some of the most impactful ways you can tweak your onboarding to transform new hires into productive team members as quickly as possible.
1. Focus on the human element. Failure to establish key connections and build strong interpersonal relationships within the company is a primary reason newly hired employees fail to perform quickly, and ultimately, leave a new employer, according to experts at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and human resources consultants Saratoga.
Onboarding processes should include introduction/assignment to a mentor outside of the immediate team, weekly “one on ones” with you, and pairing the employee with at least one “buddy” on the team who will be a resource for questions and concerns.
2. Connect their dots. You hired t...(register to read more)
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- You're not a doctor! Don't restrict pregnant employee's work unless her physician says so
- 9 ways to manage through change: Helping employees handle the stress of tough times
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws you can ignore
- Firing back to a rude emailer