The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) filed a lawsuit against Ruby Tuesday, accusing the restaurant chain of discriminating against male employees who applied for temporary assignments to a busy Utah resort.
Ruby Tuesday’s internal announcement stated that only females would be considered and, in fact, selected only women for those summer jobs, supposedly from fears about housing employees of both genders together.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When RIF costs protected employee's job, take care how you reassign the work
- Alleged discrimination brings claims against insurance agency
- Incapacity doesn't extend time to contact EEO counselor
- Remind managers: Employment decisions based on religion aren't kosher--or legal