The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) filed a lawsuit against Ruby Tuesday, accusing the restaurant chain of discriminating against male employees who applied for temporary assignments to a busy Utah resort.
Ruby Tuesday’s internal announcement stated that only females would be considered and, in fact, selected only women for those summer jobs, supposedly from fears about housing employees of both genders together.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Even if jobs seem quite similar, feel free to use different hiring criteria
- Age-related laws: Liability lurks at both ends of spectrum
- Never automatically fire employees just because they exhaust FMLA leave
- Supreme Court nominee Sotomayor brings balanced employment law perspective