The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) filed a lawsuit against Ruby Tuesday, accusing the restaurant chain of discriminating against male employees who applied for temporary assignments to a busy Utah resort.
Ruby Tuesday’s internal announcement stated that only females would be considered and, in fact, selected only women for those summer jobs, supposedly from fears about housing employees of both genders together.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware subtle age-bias peril: Don't assume older employees are ready to retire
- Keep cases from escalating: When hot-headed manager blows up, order cooling-off period
- Wear kid gloves with accommodation requests; they are 'protected activity'
- Never tolerate talk of sexual violence