The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) filed a lawsuit against Ruby Tuesday, accusing the restaurant chain of discriminating against male employees who applied for temporary assignments to a busy Utah resort.
Ruby Tuesday’s internal announcement stated that only females would be considered and, in fact, selected only women for those summer jobs, supposedly from fears about housing employees of both genders together.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Economic conditions require worker layoffs? Be honest about reason for termination
- Make sure managers know laws against employee discrimination
- Beware the high price of foul language: Expensive trials before unsympathetic judges
- Religious protections don't include veganism