Gen Y employees love to communicate electronically, but remember: They can still be swayed by the power of the handwritten note.
Example: A highly coveted college grad who was snagged by Exxon recently said the turning point was a “Thanks for interviewing with us” handwritten note from one of the company’s top dogs. The candidate was equally impressed with the written “Welcome to the team” letter he received days after accepting the job.
- Train interviewers to not comment on employees' promotion chances
- 10 ways to cut your organization's legal bills
- E-Verify back online following federal government shutdown
- What are the rules governing employment of minors for summer seasonal work?
- Beware legal risks of using school transcripts in hiring