Gen Y employees love to communicate electronically, but remember: They can still be swayed by the power of the handwritten note.
Example: A highly coveted college grad who was snagged by Exxon recently said the turning point was a “Thanks for interviewing with us” handwritten note from one of the company’s top dogs. The candidate was equally impressed with the written “Welcome to the team” letter he received days after accepting the job.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
- New study suggests real-life 'mind meld'
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they already 'know' who's best for the job
- Look for hiring trends that could signal bias—you might just avoid a huge jury award