Gen Y employees love to communicate electronically, but remember: They can still be swayed by the power of the handwritten note.
Example: A highly coveted college grad who was snagged by Exxon recently said the turning point was a “Thanks for interviewing with us” handwritten note from one of the company’s top dogs. The candidate was equally impressed with the written “Welcome to the team” letter he received days after accepting the job.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Consider ADA, discrimination, validity issues when using personality tests
- Build an impenetrable age-bias shield
- Protect your company from well-intentioned ID theft laws
- FMLA in a Nutshell: How to Comply With the Family and Medical Leave Act