Do your employees struggle with problem solving? Guide them through the process. Before they tackle a problem, ask employees to fill out a form that contains the following questions:
- Who do I need to see about this?
- What’s the specific situation or behavior that’s causing the problem?
- How is the problem affecting productivity, work flow, relationships and/or the bottom line?
- What solutions can I suggest in terms of procedures, systems and steps? How will my team benefit?
- How can I?solicit my teammates' ideas?
Then together discuss their answers. In most cases, as you talk, a solution will emerge.