How are you putting Salesforce to use? — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily

How are you putting Salesforce to use?

Question: "I'm wondering how many admins out there use Salesforce on a regular basis. In my office, we're looking for a tool to wrangle all our sales leads, but we're not sure what else it can do, or how widespread its use really is. Anyone have experience using this software and can clue me in?" - Gil, Admin Trainer

See comments below, and send your own question to Admin-Pro@nibm.net.

Whitney May 17, 2015 at 8:59 am

Hi, this website iѕ awesome .I have noot had a chance to read through it fully but boօkmarking it now to return forr a read after I сome back ffom work .

Grady February 2, 2015 at 2:48 pm

It’s good to think of Salesforce in terms of customers, not just sales leads. Imagine being able to put in every conceivable type of data about customers into a system that then detects patterns and produces reports about everything you can imagine. But it does take some training to max out what it can do.

Lynda February 2, 2015 at 10:58 am

Salesforce has the ability to be programmed to suit your specific needs. That’s the real beauty of the tool! You can use it as a database for leads, for tracking communication, for saving attachments (we save customer receipts, rebate applications, Statements of Understanding, Verification of Lawful Presence, etc)

It can also help you manage workflow by letting you set up tasks ahead of time and there are fields to log calls and email communication. You can bcc your email to a client to their Salesforce record, which allows you to keep track of all your outgoing email communication with your clients.

My company uses Salesforce to manage our client database from the lead phase to continuing follow up after they have become our clients. The tasks allow us to know when a client wanted a follow up call.

Salesforce is a great, customizable tool for anyone needing a good database system.

Frida January 30, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Where I work we use Salesforce in customer service. So it really can do more than just collect sales leads. They even collect everything they see customers saying about us on social media and put it into the database. They’re really digging deep into every bit of customer information to see patterns.

Gil H. January 30, 2015 at 9:07 am

Hi Christy, I work in an accounting firm in the marketing department. We only deal with our local branch’s sales leads, but there are a hundred or so coming in every month and we’re wondering if it takes something like Salesforce to maximize their potential–it does seem a little big and complicated. Does it require good training to really use it? Thanks!

christy February 2, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Gil,
There is a lot of training available for SalesForce from consultants to online training video’s. There is a free program called salesforce.walkme.com. We use SF as a CRM that integrates with our ticketing system for my helpdesk. SalesForce has integrations with numerous apps where one of those apps could very well do the work for you on keeping track of leads and then feeding into SalesForce. I would look at using the SalesForce portion as the follow up to the leads and watching the transition from lead to client and use a different technology to track leads specifically.

Christy January 29, 2015 at 4:02 pm

What industry do you work in? I am in the financial services industry and have a lot of experience with SalesForce. I’d be happy to help.