You wouldn’t buy a new car without a test drive. So why should you invest time and money in hiring an untested job candidate?
Strategy: Hire temps and then offer permanent positions to the star performers. That way both you and the candidates can come to know one another with no strings attached. Plus, you will be able to assess each person’s skills and find workers who fit within your work culture.
—Adapted from “Try Before You Buy,” www.careerbuilder.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Draft questions to predict young applicants' true potential
- Employee never applied for promotion? That makes suing you much more difficult
- Ohio Fair Employment Practices Act
- It's OK to have higher expectations of employees during probationary period