If hiring is one of your responsibilities, avoid making this costly interview mistake: too much talking.
You may love to discuss your organization and what you do. But a hiring interview isn’t the best time to do so.
Ask a lot of “Why?” questions instead—as job candidates answer your questions, they will reveal crucial information that gives you clues to their performance potential.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware justifying hiring or promotion with criteria that don't appear in job description
- What adding more college graduates buys for employers
- DHS is cracking down — follow these I-9 best practices
- How much time off for children's school activities?