Recruiting employees from outside your organization for both mission and culture fit is easier said than done. Oftentimes, you run a much better chance of recruiting from within your organization.
If your organization is not actively considering employees for potential promotions and to fill other vacant slots, take a cue from successful organizations like Apple, General Electric and Nordstrom.
Make a commitment to grooming and promoting the talent you already have. Follow these tips:
- Identify employees who have the potential to move up, and test their mettle by offering them challenging special projects.
- Communicate with them about career trajectory frequently.
- Build specific achievement milestones into their regular .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are there special California rules that dictate how we use employment applications?
- Whole Foods employees vote on new team members
- Don't waste your online recruiting budget: Ask right questions to choose best job sites
- Repeating sexual harassment training