Recruiting employees from outside your organization for both mission and culture fit is easier said than done. Oftentimes, you run a much better chance of recruiting from within your organization.
If your organization is not actively considering employees for potential promotions and to fill other vacant slots, take a cue from successful organizations like Apple, General Electric and Nordstrom.
Make a commitment to grooming and promoting the talent you already have. Follow these tips:
- Identify employees who have the potential to move up, and test their mettle by offering them challenging special projects.
- Communicate with them about career trajectory frequently.
- Build specific achievement milestones into their regular .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Google it! 7 hiring and retention tips from Silicon Valley's best
- Tap federal program to gain 'insurance' on risky hires
- Keep applications clean; jotting notes may trigger hiring-bias claims
- Workers' comp law: How to keep costs, compliance in check