After a year on the job at Betenbough Homes in Lubbock, Texas, employees may accompany execs and colleagues on an all-expense-paid “mission trip,” usually to a developing nation, where they volunteer at orphanages and churches in high-poverty neighborhoods.
Recent trips have been to Africa; another is scheduled for Haiti. Half the builder’s employees have participated.
Contact: Lauren Hays, (806) 797-9494.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Whistle-blower law insulates noncomplaining workers, too
- Contractor or employee? New IRS audits turn up heat on worker misclassification
- ERISA lawsuits not limited to plan administrators
- Firing a boss who's racially insensitive? You can cite 'poor performance' as reason