If you face the challenge of doing more with less, remember these pointers:
- Involve your staff. Challenge employees to come up with ways to cut expenses, and reward them with a few hours off when they do. Also, make sure they know how to time their requests. They shouldn’t ask for a new computer when you’ve had a sluggish quarter.
- Develop a sense of humor. Yes, it’s ridiculous to count the cost of paper clips. So laugh it off. Don’t waste your energy becoming angry or upset. You’ll make belt-tightening harder on your staff if you’re cynical and edgy.
Remember: Cutting costs is a constant challenge, but extremely tight times will come and go. You just have to ride them out.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How should we handle inquiries about age that we need to conduct background checks?
- 5 policy issues will shape HR—and nation's economic recovery
- Tame the paper: Creating a system for daily records management
- Property manager pleads guilty in VA foreclosure scam