1. What skill do employers say is most lacking among new college grads?
a. Problem solving
2. To be eligible for
a. 1,520 hours
b. 1,025 hours
c. 1,250 hours
3. Eighty percent of HR leaders rate themselves as “well versed” in financial acumen. What percentage of business leaders rate HR as well versed?
a. 85% b. 65% c. 55%
4. Percentage of U.S. workers who say they’d like to receive more thanks and appreciation on the job:
a. 43% b. 68% c. 81%
5. Sixty percent of employees polled by Monster.com say they spend too much time working. Their top two reasons (in order):
a. Boss’s expectations; fit in with corporate culture
b. Job’s requirements; boss’s expectations
c. Fit in with corporate culture, job’s requirements
6. How many years has the average U.S. employee been with his or her current employer?
a. 4.0 years b. 6.2 years c. 8.3 years
7. New OSHA safety rules (effective Feb. 13) require employers to pay for employees’ personal protective equipment (PPE)—such as helmets and boots—if the gear is:
a. Used by the employee to comply with PPE requirements in OSHA standards.
b. Used by the employee for at least half of his or her workday.
c. Used by the employee in the normal course of business.
Sources: 1. National Association of Colleges and Employers; 2. U.S. Labor Department; 3. Veritude; 4. Adecco; 5. Monster; 6. BLS; 7. OSHA.
Answers: 1. B 2. C 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. A 7. A
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4221/the-hr-iq-test-february-08 "