A month into 2015, how are those New Year’s resolutions holding up?
For many of the employees in your organization, beginning-of-the-year promises may have involved getting their household finances in order.
A Harris Poll of 2,255 U.S. adults found us making these money-related resolutions for 2015:
Cut back on household spending 38%
Save more 36%
Pay down more debt 35%
Save more for retirement 21%
Get rid of a credit card 15%
Harris researchers say their New Year’s resolution poll results suggest that Americans are more optimistic about the economy than they were a year ago. Percentages were down for four out of the five financial resolutions. Only “get rid of a credit card” posted similar percentages in both 2014 and 2015.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Health care costs growing slower than expected
- One way to avoid unemployment liability: Offer time off for medical problems
- Firing employee on workers' comp may be legal
- Does the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act protect employees other than women?