Marijuana legalization was voted in by Oregon, Alaska and the District of Columbia with more states likely to adopt similar measures. What does this mean to consumers for federal income tax purposes?
Not much. Even if a doctor prescribes marijuana use for medical reasons, it can’t be deducted as a medical expense because federal law doesn’t sanction the usage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- CBO judges effect of overtime rule reversal
- HR as mobsters: Supreme Court lets workers use organized-Crime law to sue their employers
- Anti-bias and sex-harassment training: a 5-point checklist
- Obama signs 3 union-supported executive orders