Although Florida’s state whistle-blower law applies only to state government and state contractors, don’t believe you are above the law just because you are a private employer. Rather than ignore a complaint—and risk expensive litigation—you need to establish policies to investigate whistle-blower complaints ...
- One stupid mistake is all it takes
- Stop harassment with warning, then follow up to confirm problem was really solved
- Employee wants FMLA leave: Can we contact her health care provider?
- Degree of control changes status from contractor to employee
- Online HR master's degree: Is it worth it? Which school is best?