Benefits that greatly reduce employee stress don’t require huge efforts or high price tags. Implementing any one of these items can ease workplace anxiety:
- Offer flextime. Flexibility at work promotes a stronger work-life balance. Just set clear guidelines to keep anyone from abusing the privilege.
- Provide healthy food. If employees have been especially busy, they may be skipping meals. Keep your break room stocked with healthy options as a health and morale booster.
- Support breaks. The brain works better when given regular breaks. Encourage your employees to take them as needed.
- Purchase plants. Studies show that plants reduce blood pressure. Go for low-maintenance plants like golden pothos and philodendrons.
- Bring in a massage therapist. Once a month, bring in a team who can give chair massages to employees who want to participate.
— Adapted from “10 Cheap Ways to Reduce Employee Stress,” Marla Tabaka, www.inc.com.