Guest blogging expands your network and helps establish your place within your field. When submitting a pitch to blog owners, show them that you are worthy of a spot on their blogs. Follow these tips:
- Follow directions. Read the instructions on how to pitch the blog, and follow them to a tee.
- Show that you’re a reader. Mention recent posts or other elements about a blog so the owner knows that you follow it. That gives blog owners confidence that you have a good feel for their topic, tone and style.
- List your credentials. Tell owners who you are and why they want you to write for them.
- Share details. Don’t just pitch a topic. Outline the article, with details and supporting evidence.
- Provide samples. Offer examples of your writing. If you don’t have any, consider writing the entire post ahead of time and submitting it as the pitch.
- Talk about promotion opportunities. Tell the blog owner about your social media following, explaining that you will promote the piece to your followers and other people in your network.
— Adapted from “Top 10 Tips for Guest Blogging,” Nisha Pandey, http://tweakyourbiz.com.