Use social media to provide top-notch customer service. Follow these tips:
- Answer quickly. Be clear with employees about how quickly they should answer posts.
- Address problems with empathy. Recognize the poster and his or her issue. Don’t ignore issues.
- Provide alternate contact information. Because Twitter limits character counts, provide an email address or phone number for customers to contact you with additional comments or requests.
- Share positive posts. If someone thanks or praises your organization, share the post.
- Post tips about your products. Share new ideas for using your products or little-known facts about them.
- Introduce staff. Feature staff members on a regular basis. Let customers know who is behind the scenes answering their questions and making your products.
- Do more than sell your product or service. Offer industry-related news, and illustrate your passion for what you do.
— Adapted from “9 Ways Social Media Can Help You Deliver Exceptional Customer Service,” Young Entrepreneur Council, www.businessinsider.com.