Resilience allows you to get knocked down repeatedly and bounce back stronger than ever. If your workplace resilience could use a boost, use these tips:
- Be flexible. Learn to love change. Change is inevitable, so be curious and consider how you can learn and grow.
- Expand your problem-solving skills. When you’re faced with a difficult problem, make a list of possible solutions. Logically consider the possible outcomes of each before handling the problem.
- Find opportunities to learn. Never stop learning. Search for ways to expand your knowledge and experiences. Become open to new ways of doing old tasks.
- Value your sleep. Make sure you get enough rest. Sleep is essential for regulating stress.
- Reflect. Consider past situations. Think about how you could have handled things differently. Create a list of options for responding to similar situations in the future.
— Adapted from “Raising Your Resilience Levels at the Workplace,” Alex Davda, www.gulfnews.com.