Want to remember more and learn faster? Just like your body, you’ve got to train your brain. Practice these five actions regularly to boost your brain power:
- Play memory games. Incorporate memory-oriented activities into your day. For example, if you need to provide feedback to an employee, memorize it rather than relying on notes. That strengthens your memory and recall.
- Learn something new. Learning to play new instruments or acquiring new skills creates neural pathways in the brain. You’ll improve your performance and stay sharp.
- Exercise. Working out makes you more alert and increases your ability to learn.
- Forge relationships. Spending time with loved ones improves cognitive abilities, clarity of thought and mood.
- Eat dark chocolate. It causes the brain to create dopamine, increasing your learning speed and boosting your memory.
— Adapted from “8 Ways to Train Your Brain to Learn Faster and Remember More,” Maria Brilaki, www.lifehack.org.