Use these tips to gain brand recognition and engage with your audience on Pinterest:
- Think in SEO terms. Name your boards with keywords. Incorporate keywords into your descriptions.
- Interact with your followers. When someone comments on an image or a board, comment back. Remember that Pinterest is a social network.
- Write a strong business profile. In the About section, draft a 200-word description of your organization. Focus on keywords, but keep it lively.
- Be inspiring. Pin quotes and images that elicit emotion and inspiration. Pinterest is all about sparking creativity.
- Make connections. Forge relationships with leaders in your field on Pinterest. Follow them and re-pin pieces that relate to your organization.
- Name your files well. Name your images so they can be found easily. Use keywords in the file name. Choose dashes rather than underscores when labeling to optimize them for search engines.
— Adapted from “26 Ways to Make Pinterest Work for Your Business,” Debbie Hemley, www.socialmediaexaminer.com.