J.T. O’Donnell, the CEO of Careerealism, a career advice and job search magazine, has a warning for all you leaders out there: Your competition is going to steal away your top employees in 2015, and they will use one simple trick that O’Donnell says is the “single most disruptive recruitment technique we’ve seen in HR in two decades.”
What is the technique? Companies are using the age-old art of storytelling, coupled with new technology such as the Internet and social media, to show how their companies are unique, innovative and all-around great to work for. Referred to as “employment branding,” it is becoming a critical way to recruit superstars.
Action item: Plan now to incorporate employment branding into your 2015 strategy. Figure out a way to tell your organization’s story through videos, blogs, articles and social media. O’Donnell warns, “You can choose to ignore this new trend and watch your best employees leave you for companies with better stories, or you can jump on the train now and start grabbing and retaining the best talent."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What is California's law concerning time off to attend school activities?
- Can we ask applicants to leave voice-mail message?
- Pregnant Employees: Answers to 7 Questions on Hiring and Employment Status
- Using Independent Contractors? Here's how to make the call