We believe that succinct and clear language is the way to go. Still, every now and again, you want to spice things up a bit. Replace the often overused “different” with these eight words:
- Alternative: referring to a choice; also, apart from the conventional or usual.
- Distinct: separate or readily distinguishable; also, notable or unmistakable.
- Diverse: see distinct.
- Eclectic: drawn from various sources.
- Individual: pertaining to an individual or individuality (also a noun).
- Particular: detailed, specific, or exacting or meticulous (also, in plural form, a noun).
- Singular: distinctive; also, exceptional or unusual or pertaining to a single thing.
- Varied: see diverse; also, having different-colored markings (also a verb).
— Source: “40 Synonyms for ‘Different,’” www.dailywritingtips.com.