Share your blogs, podcasts, videos, webinars, white papers and other content with a wider audience. Gain attention through LinkedIn with these actions:
- Click the button. A LinkedIn share button on your site allows you to distribute content as a status update or tweet, by email or to every group in which you are a member.
- Target distribution. Share content only with relevant groups so that moderators don’t ban you.
- Add value. Too much promotional content will turn people off. If you regularly share valuable content, however, moderators may allow a promotional post on occasion.
- Share others’ content more. In fact, aim to share 10 messages from other sources for every one you share from yourself.
- Customize posts. Automated services, such as Hootsuite, can be a great time-saver in other forums. However, a post to a LinkedIn group should look like it was written for that group, not as a tweet.
— Adapted from “Best Practices for Sharing Content on LinkedIn,” Josh Turner, LinkedSelling, http://linkedselling.com.