Joining several different types of organizations will help you develop a variety of contacts. Choose from among these seven types:
- Strong-contact networks formed specifically for referrals.
- Casual-contact networks such as your local chamber of commerce.
- Service organizations such as Rotary, Lions and Kiwanis clubs.
- Professional associations.
- Social/business organizations such as meet-ups or business singles clubs.
- Women’s or minority networking groups.
- Online networks such as LinkedIn.
— Adapted from Truth or Delusion? Busting Networking’s Biggest Myths, Ivan Misner, Mike Macedonio and Mike Garrison, Nelson Business, www.thomasnelson.com.