If you plan to beef up your staff this busy holiday season, make sure you ask the right questions. Your standard interview questions about long-term goals and career ambitions don’t apply.
Instead, ask candidates to describe how they handle pressure, stress and a tremendous workload. If they’ll be interacting with customers, learn about their previous customer service experience, and ask them to explain how they plan to deal with difficult people.
— Adapted from “Interview Tips for Hiring Seasonal Workers,” Online Development, www.madison.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Exec claims systemic bias? Don't shoot the messenger
- Warn hiring managers: No reference to age allowed
- Arbitration agreement buried in job application? Have your attorney review it ASAP
- If pay varies widely, document rationale for disparity