Use the “10-minute Storm” exercise to come up with solutions to a problem:
- Define the problem that you want to solve.
- Grab a pen and a piece of paper, not your computer keyboard.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Write whatever comes to mind about the problem for the full 10 minutes. If your mind is blank, write “I don’t have a thought right now.” Just keep writing.
- Analyze what you have written. Circle the points that stand out. Look for patterns and connections. Doing so will lead you to the solution.
— Adapted from “How to Train Your Brain,” Jeff Henderson, Intentional, http://michaelhyatt.com.