HR professionals’ sense of job security may be soaring, but their pay is decidedly flat. Median total cash compensation for HR pros—including base salary, bonuses and—rose just 2.6% in 2014 after two years of larger gains.
Median pay increase for all HR positions
Source: Towers Watson 2014 General Industry Human Resources Compensation Survey, December 2014
Median total compensation for an HR generalist was $92,600, according to the Towers Watson survey.
Compensation fell significantly in 2014 for many senior HR executives. For example, median pay for top-level labor-relations executives dropped 15% to $166,300. Pay for HR information systems executives was down 13.7% to $151,100.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Complaining about co-worker's harassment may be protected
- Don't rush to judge accommodation requests; ADA requires interactive give-and-take
- Increase your value by helping to spot rising managers
- How not to manage a hostile work environment